Monday, 9th October: It’s the biggest night of the year in Irish radio where the best in broadcasting is recognised and celebrated. The IMRO Radio Awards 2023 took place on Friday night and Bauer Media Audio Ireland had plenty of reason to celebrate, scooping 11 golds on the night, including the 2 big ones: Music Station of the Year for SPIN and National Station of the Year for Newstalk.
The Bauer Media Audio Ireland group of stations, comprising of Newstalk, Off The Ball, Today FM, 98FM, SPIN and Red FM was out in force at the awards and brought home gold across a range of categories, including:
- Breakfast Show – The Big Breakfast with Rebecca and Brendan – 98FM
- Current Affairs Show – The Hard Shoulder – Newstalk
- Sports Show – Off The Ball – Newstalk
- Sports Story – Off The Ball – Newstalk
- Station Imaging – SPIN 1038
- On-Air Competition – Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show – Today FM
- Digital & Social Innovation – Cathal’s Camino – Today FM
- Music & Entertainment Presenter – Dara Quilty – Today FM
- Sports Broadcaster of the Year – Joe Molloy
In addition to the 11 golds, Bauer Media Audio Ireland also received 15 silver and 15 bronze awards spanning the categories of music, entertainment, speech broadcaster, news and radio podcast of the year.
Once again, The IMRO Radio Awards took place in Lyrath Estate in Kilkenny, hosted by comedian and broadcaster Oliver Callan. This year’s awards saw the highest number of entries to date, judged by a panel of 110 radio and industry experts.
Speaking about the Group’s success tonight, Chris Doyle, Interim CEO, Bauer Media Audio Ireland said: “I’m delighted to see the BMAI stations receive this recognition for the quality and creativity of their work. The talent and passion in Irish radio is thriving and the IMRO Radio Awards provides a great platform to acknowledge and celebrate that”.